Oil, Gas and Energy Transactions
Major, national and independent oil and gas companies, pipeline companies, oilfield services companies, financial institutions, investors, large landowners and petrochemical companies, among others, turn to us for representation in routine and highly sophisticated transactions alike. Our energy lawyers have the resources and experience to provide our clients with the highest level of representation in every type of oil, gas and other energy transaction, whether it’s a specialized acquisition, divestiture or financing of producing properties or pipeline assets or more ordinary matters such as rendering title opinions, drafting mineral leases or reviewing joint operating agreements.
Our transactional services to oil, gas and other energy clients include:
- Negotiating and drafting purchase and sale agreements, assignments and other agreements covering properties located onshore Louisiana or Texas or on the Outer Continental Shelf
- Directing and participating in due diligence and related negotiation and preparation of curative documentation
- Negotiating, preparing and reviewing credit agreements, loan agreements, mortgages, financing statements, security agreements and related documents and instruments for both borrowers and lenders
- Preparing, reviewing and handling all aspects of agreements that involve oil and gas producing properties, such as mineral leases and servitudes, surface or subsurface agreements, unitization or pooling agreements, operating agreements, participation agreements, joint exploration agreements, dedication agreements, farmout agreements, seismic survey agreements, production handling agreements, master service agreements, indemnity agreements, drilling contracts and overriding royalty, net profits or production payment agreements
- Negotiating, drafting and handling agreements that involve the midstream energy business, including oil and gas transportation, processing, storage and marketing and refinery feedstock supply
- Issuing title opinions, with the help of our library, accumulated over the past forty plus years, which contains title opinions covering lands throughout Louisiana, Texas and numerous blocks on the Outer Continental Shelf
- Rendering of third-party legal opinions in various matters
- Assisting creditors and debtors in numerous bankruptcy matters, including section 363 sales
- Dealing with landowners and various governmental agencies for seismic and other permits, rights-of-way and servitude agreements
- Prosecuting and defending oil well lien claims in Louisiana, Texas and the Outer Continental Shelf
- Negotiating and preparing Deep Water Offshore Operating Agreements and related agreements concerning Deep Water operations in the Gulf of Mexico
In addition to our traditional oil and gas practice, we have worked on a variety of matters involving renewable energy. We have negotiated agreements for the development of ethanol, biodiesel, renewable diesel and solar facilities including long-term land leases, technology agreements, feed stock supply agreements, off-take agreements, storage agreements, terminal agreements and joint venture agreements.
Our extensive experience supports our successful transaction work. Because a number of our attorneys have many years of in-house experience and technical expertise in land, engineering and geology for various companies, we draw on an unrivaled depth of experience in the industry. We don’t have to re-invent the wheel time and again but instead can focus on the unique aspects of a client’s transaction.