As the emphasis on increasing capacity from renewable energy resources is burgeoning nationwide, renewable projects are being proposed and developed across the Gulf Coast. This focus results in unprecedented economic and business opportunities, accompanied by the need for seasoned and practical counsel.
At Gordon Arata, we draw on a rich legacy in the industry, having been a leading energy firm for more than a half century. We have the insights and applicable know-how to assist clients on a full complement of renewable energy issues affecting the solar, wind, geothermal, wave, biomass and alternative fuel sectors.
We advise on state and local regulatory, real estate and permitting issues, reviewing power purchase agreements, interconnect agreements, construction contracts and other agreements for solar projects and reviewing and negotiating title insurance policies and endorsements for same.
With Section 45Q tax credits jump-starting investments, our energy lawyers are also at the forefront of carbon capture utilization and sequestration issues, including advising on the state regulatory framework, drafting and negotiating long-term leases and agreements for storage and sequestration of carbon dioxide, preparing options and pipeline rights-of-way for the same and advising on expropriation rights.
Our experience with offshore operations in the Gulf of Mexico presents myriad opportunities as federal and state governments gear up for leasing in state and federal waters for the development of wind energy projects.
Our comprehensive range of services includes:
- Construction Contracts and Disputes
- Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) agreements
- Environmental Law and Compliance
- Federal, State and Local Energy Regulation
- Insurance Recovery
- Intellectual Property
- Land Use
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Complex Transactions
- Power Purchase Agreements
- Project Development and Feasibility
- Project Financing
- Real Estate and Title
- Securities and Derivatives
- Siting and Permitting
- Regarding construction financing facilities for multiple solar arrays to be built in Louisiana, we advised on all state and local regulatory, real estate and permitting aspects and advised on construction-related matters relative to the Louisiana Private Works Act.
- We represented a national financial institution in its tax credit equity investment in a solar project in Louisiana, including providing extensive title and survey due diligence, permitting and regulatory advice.
- We advised a developer on its large-scale storage hub project and carbon sequestration project in south central Louisiana, including negotiating letters of intent, connection, confidentiality and sequestration agreements. We also advised the developer in connection with its area-wide application before the Louisiana Office of Conservation for related underground storage caverns.
- We counseled a carbon capture company and several large landowners in multiple permanent carbon dioxide sequestration agreements.
- We acted for a major oil and gas company in its launch of carbon sequestration work, including preparing a form of sequestration agreement and advising on expropriation in Louisiana.
- We have represented multiple landowners in structuring, negotiating and drafting sequestration agreements covering thousands of acres.